Step 1: Set goals
How to Discover your goals
- Review the Yale Imprint
- Interview your stakeholders (leaders, goal-setters)
- Interview your audience members
- Focus on your audience
- Start with “core content”
- Validate with your audience (user research)
What to do without strategic goals
In the absence of strategic goals, focus on your audience:
- What do your users email you about?
- What information is critical to serving their needs?
Establish a Content Plan
Use the Content Strategy Worksheets to:
- Identify your audiences and organizational goals
- Map out your core page types, audience and audience needs, organizational goals, and update frequency. All pages should be reviewed at least once annually, if not more frequently.